Frequently Asked Questions
Kitchen Renovation Frequently Asked Questions
We have prepared some advice for oft-asked kitchen renovations concerns in an FAQ format:
1) How long will I not be able to use my kitchen and how long will the whole renovation process take?
2) Can you give me the general overview on the installation of a brand new kitchen?
3) Any general advice when choosing a new kitchen?
4) At what point do I need to select appliances, accessories etc?
5) What is unique about your kitchens, designs and service?
Q: How long will I not be able to use my kitchen and how long will the whole renovation process take?
A: You will not be able to use our kitchen for a week or two. An installation of a brand new kitchen will take no more than a week. If we were to remove your old kitchen and carry out some extra works to prepare the place for the installation of your brand new kitchen, the process could take anything up to 2 weeks.
Q: Can you give me a general overview on the installation of a new kitchen?
A: Every kitchen installation is different, but generally the basic kitchen installation process includes these steps:
1. Your old kitchen will be removed.
2. Any plumbing that is required is installed and left turned off.
3. New electrical supply, if required, is installed.
4. The walls are repaired and prepped for paint.
5. If a completely new floor surface is required, this is done next.
6. The kitchen cabinets are installed.
7. The bench top is measured.
8. The trim for the cabinets is installed.
9. The bench top is cut to size, and installed.
10. The plumbing is connected and the kitchen is functional.
11. If only a partial kitchen floor is required, it is done last.
Q: Any general advice when choosing a new kitchen?
A: There are so many factors when choosing a new kitchen. You should look at how long you expect to stay in your current household. If you are likely to move in a few years time, go with a popular, more current design that will be attractive, functional and will appeal the majority of the buyers of your property. If you are planning to stay at your current house for a long time, you can then go for a very customized and individual design that will match your individuality and personal tastes.
Q: At what point do I need to select appliances, accessories etc?
A: The short answer is as soon as possible. It is very important that you select your appliances and accessories before the actual designing process. This will allow us to avoid changes and will provide our Designers with the exact measurements. That is very crucial, as your kitchen is fully bespoke so every detail has to precisely measured, considered and planned through.
Q: What is unique about your kitchens, designs and service?
A: We at Bravo Kitchens only use the finest materials and innovative designs to manufacture our kitchens. All our kitchens are bespoke, every detail can be customized and your individual needs, tastes can be catered for. Our kitchens are not only stylish and eye pleasing but are also of highest quality and very functional. Bravo Kitchens are unique in all ways and are a product of years of experience, research and development and the implementation of the latest technologies, production methods and materials. Our team is very experienced, creative and are fascinated with designs, creativity and innovative ideas!
With Bravo Kitchens, building a kitchen of your dreams is easy. Just contact our experienced designers and they will be glad to help.